Museum Facts and Figures
- Architects Ilmari Lahdelma and Rainer Mahlamaki of Helsinki, Finland, won the first international competition for the design of a public building in Poland.
- The Museum will encompass 104,000 square feet, with more than 45,000 square feet devoted to the core exhibition.
- Construction began in 2009, and the Museum will open in 2013.
- An Education Center will host school groups and a student exchange. Facilities for conferences, lectures, symposia, film screenings, performances, and temporary exhibitions will also be available.
- Approximately 500,000 visitors are expected annually: 50 percent from abroad, most from the U.S. and Israel.